It takes a team of passionate people to guide you along your fitness journey. The HIT Locker utilizes proven fat-burning high intensity interval techniques with the latest elliptical machines and free weights. Many popular fitness chains have treadmill and strength training hybrid classes -- but no one else combines hills and sprints on elliptical machines with power strength circuits led by certified personal trainers.
ZEN BURGOS, OWNER
Jennifer “Zen” Burgos (formerly known as Zen Gray) is a celebrity trainer from Bravo’s TV show WORKOUT and ExerciseTV’s The Skinny with over 25 years experience as a fitness professional.
After trying out all the hybrid classes, Zen decided that what she was looking for didn’t exist yet so she created The HIT Locker. (HIT stands for High Intensity Training.) The HIT Locker utilizes proven fat-burning high intensity interval techniques with the latest elliptical machines and free weights. Many popular fitness chains have treadmill and strength training hybrid classes but no one has yet combined hills and sprints on elliptical machines with power strength circuits.
Even though I ran a marathon, I never learned to love running because at some point I got knee or low back pain. And I’m not alone. Based on a Runner’s World statistic, half the running population get injured in some way every year. That’s 50% EVERY YEAR. You can mimic running on an elliptical machine without the impact that often causes injuries. It’s a great option for people that want an intense workout without worrying about getting set back for weeks or months because they hurt themselves running.
I think The HIT Locker is perfect for beginners or hardcore athletes. You can back off – or push yourself – depending upon your fitness level. A certified trainer leads every session so you work harder while keeping good form. We discuss food and lifestyle choices to help with fat loss or to increase energy or muscle. We’ll help you choose measureable fitness goals and check your body fat and measurements monthly so you know you’re staying on track. You’re getting all the benefits of one-on-one personal training without the high cost.
Zen also enjoys performing stand-up comedy, trying new classes ranging from Cirque Du Soleil trapeze workouts to pole dancing to hypnotherapy, digging in her garden, and spending time with her husband, David, her 4-year-old daughter, Chariot, and her 90-pound lap dog, Tippy.
• To know all members by name.
• To check on member progress and offer suggestions, even if we don't sell the solution.
• To use stress management to help with weight loss.
• To not create more stress in training sessions. We don’t yell and we encourage breaks if needed.
• To provide an emotionally supportive environment for our members.
* To always include full body strength and cardio segments in our workouts.
• To provide modifications to exercises if you have an injury.
• To offer workouts that are easy on the knees.
• To employ only Certified Personal Trainers to lead sessions.
• To ask members about their nutrition at every workout and offer guidance where appropriate.